Thursday, September 27, 2018

Learning Growth Mindset

                              

Before doing this blog, I had no idea who Carol Dweck is and what growth mindset is. After learning about her and growth mindset, I am fascinated from what I've seen. I've seen some videos called The Power of Believing You Can Improve, Make Challenge The New Comfort Zone and How To Help Every Child Fulfill Their Potential and these introduced me to Carol Dweck. After watching these videos, I like Carol's views on education and found myself agreeing with her and even questioning myself about how I learn. Mostly everybody would probably want easy work and be done with it quickly, but I feel Carol wants everybody to learn something new and get better after completing work. I like the idea that praising intelligence could cause people to stay as they and not get better while praising process would drive people to want more hard work to get better.

After watching those videos of Carol Dweck on growth mindset, I am really interested in learning more about growth mindset and want to test myself in future work to see if I want only easy work or tougher challenges that help me get better. 


                                                            Keep learning to do better
                                                             (Image by Paula Piccard)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, after watching her videos you just start to think a different way of learning and how to get out of the fixed mindset. I also hope I can challenge myself and not just do the easy work and I hope you will learn and test yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete