Thursday, December 6, 2018

Unity Free Tutorials

For this week's Unity tutorials, I focused on adding a mini-map and gun fire animation to my game. I originally was creating a 2D game but decided to change it to a 3D game.

The first tutorial I did was add a mini-map. This was an easy tutorial and didn't take too long. As my game is 3D, it will show my character on the map and the area around him. To create a mini-map, I first created a circle and triangle as an arrow with both being png images. This would be needed for my map render and mask. The map turned out good but is a bit too big which is not what I want for my final game.

For my second tutorial, I worked on gun fire animation. During this, I would add sound and a script to my gun so you may hear the gun shot. The script would help for the gun fire as it shows the gun shot with a little maker. The script could be useful for other gun weapons in my game as it will take less time in editing other guns in the game.

These tutorials have been helpful and will be important for my game.
                                                             
                                                                       My mini-map

No comments:

Post a Comment