Sunday, February 3, 2019

Multimedia Project Research

For my project idea I have chosen to make riddle/puzzle game based on TU Blanchardstown. The idea of the game is I hope to create a game world based on the Blanchardstown college ground where the player will explore to solve riddles around the college to test their knowledge of the college. I would hope for this game to target students of TU Blanchardstown where the game may not only test their knowledge but also their growth mindset.

For the last month I've have been thinking if I wanted to do this by myself or with others as I already have other group project work for this semester but working with others has it benefits as it would take less pressure off myself while working by myself, I won't have to wait for others to have certain work done. As of now, I would be doing this as an individual project but I am happy if others would like to join in on this idea.

The finished game would be a 3D open world of TU Blanchardstown. I think I will be going for a first person camera view with the controls being the move buttons for left, right, back and up while also having an action button like A that is used to scan for solving the riddles. The platform this game will be played on in the end would be computers.

Work on design, coding, assets and creating riddles based on the college will be done. One thing I feel needs to be decided is whats does the player get in the end for completing this game?  I feel my idea is unique as there isn't a lot of riddle/[puzzle games like this idea which excites me and I hope to create something special.

Links for Inspiration
https://elearningindustry.com/7-tips-use-puzzle-games-elearning
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-up-a-Riddle
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/22/how-to-make-a-puzzle-game/



                                                                         Image Link

No comments:

Post a Comment