Sunday, March 24, 2019

MD2Final GDD


I wasn't able to screen record my powerpoint as I was using the office powerpoint version which doesn't have the option of screen recording so I had to record the video on my phone.



For this week, I plan to start creating the terrain map of the game, having all the riddles I want for the game finished and continue searching tutorials to help for features in my game.

                                                                             Image Link
                                                          My game will be based on TUD Blanch

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ciaran! For recording your presentation, you can use OBS - its a screen recording program, something that a lot of youtubers and streamers use for their videos. Its free and easy to set up, and will work just fine with powerpoint.
    Your idea for the project is pretty brave, seeing how little time we have left. How will you approach the level design? The buildings, rooms, objects? It might be hard to get anywhere near accurate, unless you just gonna use placeholder squares, spheres and rectangles. So, maybe it would be better to do it in a way of 2D, using Fungus for questions? So have photos of ITB campus inside and out, and using Fungus, add in questions and riddles that the player will have to answer?
    This comment is getting too long, so I will stop here and just wish you a good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ciaran, just watched your GDD. I really like your game idea! Fair play to you doing it on your own! it might be a lot of work but I think you can pull it off. You don't even have to make it look like ITB if thats too hard, you could just make it a fictional University. It seems like you have it well thought out from your GDD. I like the idea of the riddles, it will keep the game interesting and fun for the player. I wish you the best with the rest of your game development! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete