Thursday, November 8, 2018

Unity Tutorial 5

For this week's Unity tutorial, I focused skybox plus winds, fade screens and work on environments of a game.

The first tutorial focused on skybox and winds. First I started off with the skybox which is basically designing the sky that surrounds your game. This will help for the to look of your your game as your game may be in dark or bright setting. The lighting also helps with the shadows of objects in your game like a tree for example. I tested different colors sources for environment lighting to see how it would affect the game.

Next part of the first tutorial was on windzone which is controlling the wind for the environment of the game. I feel this is very useful for those who are making open world games as it will help give life to their game. When editing the turbulence and main wind, if you set to a high number, it gave a crazy look to my trees in Unity. We would need to keep the settings for the wind low so it won't seem broken or have a crazy look to it.

The next tutorial was creating a fading in the screen and creating a script which allows me to pick up an axe from a tree. First part was picking up the axe which was stuck in a tree. A cube with an invisible box collider was then positioned over the axe. Finally I added a script to the "TakeAxeObeject" which allowed me to take the axe from the tree. This part of the tutorial was very helpful as it is useful for a game that has players able to pick up weapons.

The final tutorial involved fixing bugs but it also involved adding a house and editing its look. I enjoyed working on the house to give it a look I liked. I had to edit the lighting on the house as well so it would look like it fits in with environment around it.

I enjoyed doing this week's tutorial and these tutorials are close to the end. I start working on my main project soon and I'm looking forward to it.



                                                                   Axe in the tree

No comments:

Post a Comment