Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

For this week's blog it is about looking back at the reading and writing in blogs I have done so far in this semester.

Looking Back
There has been a lot of reading posts this semester and its probably the most reading I have done since secondary school. I think its interesting reading about games but to me I find reading difficult.  Reading is something I say to myself that I need to do more but I just never get around to it and I get distracted easily which takes me away from the reading. I'm a very slow reader as well. Learning new things about games is good as I feel its gives me better thoughts when making my game and when playing games.

 I've been doing most of the reading blogs the last few weeks and every week the readings are about something new.  Some readings have been missed. The readings included what makes games fun, learning about MUD games and cozy games. My favourite reading was the games decisions article which talked about cozy games. I liked learning about what makes a game cozy and when reading this article I thought of games I played that makes the player feel cozy. Some things I learned from the blog was factors that negate coziness and ingredients of coziness aesthetics.

When done doing the reading blogs each week, I feel I should get back to the readings a lot more to help me for my game project. I think some readings on Unity about the coding for example would have been useful to help us learn more about it as it I did encounter some problems in coding while doing the tutorials.

For my project right now, I have a mixed feeling towards it. I feel I have a good idea but not quite sure how the end product is going is to be. Maybe I'm thinking too big for my game but I feel with all the other module work, I need to do more on my project.

Biggest accomplishments so far in this class have been learning more about games through the readings and learning how to use Unity.


                                               

Image
This image is probably my favourite. It was used in my game fun blog and I feel it fits the title of the blog. The image I feel is good for our project as we should be having fun making our game in Unity and making it fun to play. Relaxing is something I need but work comes first.

Looking Forward
Looking forward, I hope my game turns out good. I've missed a few recent submissions for my project and need to get back to submitting them. Hopefully the remaining reading tasks will help me learn more. I'm thinking more about my project plus what to do with it and how the final game will look in the end. When first starting this module I was a little worried but it been an interesting module and I do look forward to see what happens next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment