Saturday, October 6, 2018

Game Brainstorm Ideas


Below are ideas for a game I may make for my multimedia assignment.

1. My first game idea is a puzzle/riddles game. The idea I have in mind is a player takes control of a character and has to explore a open world and solve riddles to complete the game. Not only would you have to solve riddles, but there may be other dangers in this game that will try to stop you from completing this riddles like traps for example.

This game would test how smart you may be to able to solve these riddles. It may sound like a boring idea but I feel may encourage people to test themselves. I also feel this would actually test people's growth mindset to see if they like easy challenges but don't improve or challenges that get tougher but improve themselves along the way.
Puzzle Games

2. My next idea is an open world adventure game. The idea I have is for players to travel through an open world in order to get to a destination. They may travel through different parts of the world to explore. Inspiration for this game comes from the PS3/PS4 game Journey where players explore the game's world through its deserts and ruins while trying to reach their assigned destination.

The main objective of this game would not be too complicated as your only goal would be to reached your assigned destination. I would hope for this game to be a relaxing experience.
Open World Adventure Games
Journey

3. My next idea is a 2D platform game. In this game, players may control a character who may defend themselves with or without a weapon to get past NPCs through stages of the game. Each mission/stage through the game would look different and maybe have different NPCs with different abilities.

This idea would be for players that want to play a simple action platform games that may be similar to old classic games like Super Mario and Donkey Kong. I would hope it to be challenging but also fun.
2D Platform Games

4. My final idea would be an action arcade like game. My other ideas would probably focus on one player playing the game but I would like to make a game that multiple people can play. I would this game idea to be like old classic arcade games like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and X-Men with cartoon visuals that I hope would look well today.
Action Arcade Games


                                                          Creating Games is Fun.
                                                                   Image Link





2 comments:

  1. Hey Ciaran!
    You have some nice game ideas there. I think the puzzle game idea you have sounds interesting. I'd like to see if I could solve all the riddles in the game. Your 2D platformer game also seems cool. I enjoy 2D platformers so I think this would be a fun game. I look forward to seeing what game idea you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ciaran, I like your idea of a 2D platform game. I think it is not something explored too much now a days despite huge success from games like Donkey Kong and Mario. How do you plan on having the fighting with NPC's, will you only be able to progress after you have fought them all or will it be like Mario where you can skip them if you manoeuvre your way past them? Have you thought about making it a 3D side scroller so that you don't just go left and right but you can go 4 directions but only progress one way (if that makes sense). I think this is a really interesting idea and i'm excited to see how it turns out in the end, good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete