Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Game GDD


For this week's reading, I looked into stages in the design process and what I should consider when designing my game. I've read about generating ideas. There are many different starting points I must consider when making my game. Some of these are starting with core aesthetics (what do I want the player to feel?), start with technology ( what platform is this going to be on) and start with materials like art and game mechanics.
https://learn.canvas.net/courses/3/pages/level-5-dot-0-generating-ideas?module_item_id=44545

I've read about prototyping which is going to be very important as I will need to test my game a lot before it is finished to make sure everything is working properly.
https://learn.canvas.net/courses/3/pages/level-5-dot-1-prototyping?module_item_id=44546

An article I read was Design Considerations by Greg Aleknevicus. Components for a game is talked about. I've learned that using highly contrasting/distinguishable colours should be used for different characters. This would make characters different from one another like knowing who a player's enemies are. Use different components for different functions. Make sure icons are distinct from one another. Icons would be used to summarize something important that can help the player or cause problems for the player in a easy to read format. Example of this may be we see an icon that is green which we would assume would help us like it may heel our game character or if we see an icon that may be red, this may be dangerous to the player. Don't use a lots of icons, as some may not be distinguishable from each other which may cause confusion to the player.
Design Considerations by Greg Aleknevicus

Enjoyed the reading this week and I look forward to the next.

                                                                     Image Link



No comments:

Post a Comment