Thursday, October 25, 2018

Unity 04 Tutorial

For this week's Unity tutorial, I worked on a dynamic hud and weapons. I missed Unity tutorial 1-3 during the weeks they were due but I've worked through them. This week I've had three video tutorials to watch and work on Unity.

The first video focused on dynamic hud. Here I worked on the text and extra cursor for the gem. It wasn't a very exciting tutorial in my opinion and I problems. Again like last week I had problems with the script. When I would drag the script to the gem, I would get an error. I was working beside a friend who finished this tutorial fine but even he didn't know what the problem was.

The second video, I worked on adding a weapon with animation. It was very interesting to work on animating the axe to work the way I needed it to be. It was good to have something in first person instead of just only walking.

For the third and final video tutorial this week, I worked on stopping my axe from clipping into objects using layers and add a sound effect to my weapon. A script was needed to swing the axe and give it sound. Still was having trouble again with the script as this time, the sound of the axe swinging wasn't working. I've copied the script I need from the tutorials and used them in visual studio but still I am having problems.

I've enjoyed working on Unity even if the scripts are annoying me and look forward to doing more work on it.

                                             Error I receive when trying to add the script

No comments:

Post a Comment